Thursday, October 22, 2009









My passion is to be working with computers. I am always on the computer talking,making videos, burning CD's and DVD's, and playing online RPG's (role play games). I am not sure exactly what part of computers but I really want to get into technology and repair. But if that does not work I would want to get into gaming as a beta tester. I have been searching which colleges would be best for me and so far for computers it would be Oakton Community College. But my beta testing will be a bit difficult since I can not find one that would be worth going to.
I have been through a lot of training these past few years here at school and at home with my brother in law. He is a real computer nerd and he tries to teach me once in awhile when I am home and not working. I have taken A+ Computer Repair and Networking, which is a class that teaches the basics on how to switch parts inside the computer. Even though that class did teach me a lot I want to go further into the technology and actually have a challenge. I always have my brother in law fixing my computer, the major stuff anyway, but I want to be able to do that on my own.
The gaming industry is getting better and better every year. If my computer passion does not unfold then I would want gaming to be my secondary choice. Like I said before I play a lot of RPG's. But I play a lot more other types of games besides RPG's. I like playing shooting, adventure, war, and mainly I would try any game at least once. I think that I would be a great beta tester because my obsession of games. Not only that I have beta tested for my brother in law. He had made a game known as Legends of Fantasy which is not a real game but he needed my opinion because he knew that I would not be afraid to tell him that his game sucks and that he needs to make it better. I have also have made a few games in the past by myself but I got rid of them because I have been trying to perfect them but it does not work like that. I was always making mistakes and everything that's why I think it would be better if I just became a tester and not a maker. Making the games is much harder than just sitting in front of a big TV and saying to yourself, “The color needs work.” or “The characters need more work, they are not as bad as we want them to be.”
These are my main things I would want to get into as a profession and in college. I want to be a computer repair because it would be fun to work with my hands. And a beta tester because I love playing video games of any sort. I might just a degree in both so I can do both. I would like that more I think. Do computers on the side and beta testing for a career, or the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment